This is the ultimate punching guide for boxers, fighters, and just about anyone in Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai who wants to learn how to punch correctly and punch hard! Learn how to throw knockout punches now!
Before we even talk about power punching, you have to learn some basic theories about how power is generated from the body. Next you’ll learn about how to position your body so that all your power and body weight is being channelled efficiently into your punches. After this, you’ll learn the proper punching technique in full detail to learn how to throw a harder punch. Lastly, I’ll leave you with some final tips on how to maximize the damage dealt on the other boxer.
Basic theories you must understand to punch hard:
- Speed is not Power – Power is acceleration. Power is not only speed, you must have a force (or a weight) behind that speed. A fast punch will not hit hard unless you put some body weight behind it.
- Move Your Body – Like Bruce Lee’s theory behind his famous one-inch punch: moving your whole body one inch hits much harder than moving your arm one foot. You must move your entire body to get the maximum force (weight) behind that punch. The trick is not to focus on moving your body a great distance but rather to move it all at the same time.
- Use Your Legs – The biggest muscles in your body will generate the most power. People who punch only with their arms will never punch with real power.
- Stay Inside Your Range – Your strongest punch doesn’t land when your arms are fully out-stretched. Your punch hits harder when it lands a bit shorter than your full range of motion. Don’t reach!
- Use Angles – Punching from different angles will give your punches more power, more punching opportunities, and more damage on your opponent.